miércoles, 15 de octubre de 2014

My experience in the field

Hello everyone, today it is time to talk about my experience in the field. Until now I’ve had few experiences in fieldwork. I’ve been doing fieldwork outside from Santiago like three times. My first experience was a visit to a museum located in San Vicente de Tagua Tagua in 2012. We had to visit that place and we had to work with some students from rural schools. My second experience was a participation in a FONDECYT project in 2013. That time I had to visit and work in Montepatria (Ovalle) for four days. Basically it was an excavation and we were looking for archaeological remains from Diaguitas. I was invited to this project because it was a curricular activity from a subject. My third experience was a work that we had to do in San Pedro de Atacama, specifically in Talabre, a town with a population of 55 people. We had to work with the community in different activities that they had to do, like to reap and sow different kind of seeds, to help to build a new house, etc.

With this kind of experiences you also have to experience some difficulties. Personally I have had few enough bad experiences on this. For example, during my stay in Talabre, I had problems with the altitude –about 3500 meters over the level of sea- only when I had to do a lot of physical work like carrying tons of kilograms of fruits on my back, etc.

About the things that I’ve liked from this experiences is to have the possibility to work with different people on different places. Also to have the chance to visit new places, because it becomes in experience for me for my future as archaeologist.


Well this is all for today and see you on November 14th, because I’m going to do fieldwork in Curacavi and San Pedro de Atacama from next week. Have a good time :D


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario