miércoles, 1 de octubre de 2014

What kind of Job would I like to have? How do you imagine it?

Hello everyone, today I will talk about the job that I would like to have. As many of you may know, I’m studying Archaeology, so most of the jobs that I may have in the future will be outdoors, because we have to travel a lot in our profession. About that, I think that travelling during my job will be like being in Heaven, because travelling is one of the things that I enjoy with all my heart.

One thing that I would dislike to do is to work in an office for the rest of my days. Hell no, I would really dislike being enclosed in an office 24/7. Perhaps I would have to work in an office, because some works in archaeology requires transcribing information from the field to create databases for archaeological interpretation. So, to work in archaeology will mix sometimes travelling to a lot of different places for fieldwork, to work in an office or laboratory for data interpretation.

Actually I’m studying archaeology and I will finish it during the next year. I’m thinking about studying a Master in Archaeometry or even a Master in Paleontology. Yesterday I knew that the first Master in Paleontology is actually open in Chile, in Valdivia, so I’m considering that specialty for my future. I would like to have fieldwork studying artifacts, remains of any kind (pottery, bones, etc.) and then I would like to participate during the interpretation process.

Finally I would like to add that being a Paleontologist it’s a dream that I’ve always wanted to accomplish and now I have the opportunity to studying it here, since the only option before was to studying it in another country.

I couldn't add any pictures because blog platform is having some problems. Have a nice week and see you on a next publication :)

3 comentarios:

  1. That job looks really interesting and enjoyable. I hope you can do it and travel a lot .

    ResponderEliminar
  2. All I want to say about your blog post is... That I really, really doubted about my choice. I'm studying Psychology and my job sounds so boring beside yours D:

    Cheers!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I hope the master is not very expensive!

    ResponderEliminar